- Run and explore various beaches, logging roads, and trails
- Stay on one of Oregon’s largest flower farms surrounded by fields of flowers in bloom
- Explore one of Oregon’s premier salmon fishing rivers
- Be surrounded by forest and majestic coastal mountain ranges
- Be a tourist and visit local museums, factories, and participate in local flavors
Not only will 18+ year old runners be able to participate in all of the above activities, but there will be expert instructions on “training theory, racing strategy, strength training, nutrition, and more from some of the top coaches in the Northwest.” Add in some professional runners, including post collegiate runners looking to make the Olympic teams will be bringing their knowledge to campers for the week.
The retreat will be held at the Hydrangea Ranch, amidst six acres of flowers and tucked quietly alongside the Kilchis River. This is a beautiful location which seems to be an ideal combination of running and relaxing.
The camp strives for the following:
- Focus on aerobic development, enabling runners to conquer their next big race,
- Creat an atmosphere for runners to explore their passion of running with the camaraderie of like-minded people,
- Create experiences and training inspiration for runners of all levels,
- Keep training unique, with each day brining a different type of training run in a variety of terrains (sand, hills, trails, logging roads),
- Create running trips to various beaches, logging roads, and trails, as well as local experiences, such as trips to the Tillamook Cheese Factory, a robotic dairy farm, Tillamook Air Museum, and a Willamette Valley Wine Tour,
- Create individualized workouts for all levels of athletes,
- Enhance motivation and skills to have everyone progress as a runner,
- Allowing runners to be challenged, yet also have time to relax as well.
Cost: $845, $795 (groups of 2-4); $745 (groups of 5+); A significant portion of the money goes to those Olympic hopefuls who will be providing instruction throughout the week
Lodging: It is encouraged for participants to bring their own tents. There will be gender specific greenhouses to sleep in (with an air mattress and sleeping bag) if you are coming with a group and want to stay together. Shower units will be available
Food: Includes three complete and nutritious meals by Twins Ranch Catering daily