- Leg #1 is an 13K (8 mile) road bike ride from ScienceWorks to Emigrant Lake.
- Leg #2 is a 3K kayak in a flat water kayak or paddle board.
- Leg #3 is a 30K cycle on scenic back-country roads through orchards from Emigrant Lake to Lithia Park Swimming Reservoir.
- Leg #4 is a 9K run with hills, that take you high above Lithia Park.
- Leg #5 is a 13K mountain bike ride up Ashland Loop Road on a single track path, and then down through a few trails.
- Leg #6 is a 6K run where the course leaves Lithia Park to go above Ashland and down the bike path, finishing on Walker Avenue back at ScienceWorks for the after party at the finish line.
- You can visit the Siskiyou Challenge maps page for detailed map of each leg of the race.
There are many events besides the Challenge that will allow athletes of all ages and levels to participate in the fun. The Siskiyou Challenge Fun Run is a 1-mile sidewalk course that follows the life-cycle of a seed, with optional fitness challenges along the way. There is also pre-race and post-race festivities that include live music, beer provided by Ninkasi Brewery and free race day entry to the ScienceWorks museum. Read more below for registration information and other bits of the Challenge’s weekend schedule of activities.
Registration: Use this link to register yourself and/or your team. Race entry is between $110-$405. All registration fees are tax-deductible, as they are donations to the Rogue Valley Farm to School. Do be aware that there is a limit to 100 teams, so sign up early. Students get $20 off. A late fee of $20 will be charged after 5pm on April 18th. Registration is closes on April 28th at 11:59 pm, no exceptions. Substitutions must be declared by 7am on race day.
Not from the Southern Oregon Area?: For those coming from out of town, please visit the Ashland Chamber of Commerce for information on lodging and other visitor attractions.
Race Day Policies & Rental Information: Don’t have a kayak? Need to rent a bike? Want to know if you can wear earbuds? Make sure to read up on what is required and where you can get it.
Packet Pick-up: Rogue Valley Farm to School office: 223 5th street. Ashland, Or 97520. April 28th: 1-6pm and April 29th 1-4pm.
Pre-race Dinner: Friday, April 29th at 5pm at Emigrant Lake Park. Reservations can be made in advance.
Race Day: All athletes are required to attend a pre-race meeting at 7:30am at ScienceWorks. The award ceremony starts at 1:30pm.
Raffle & Race Day After Party: Win a 2-day rafting trip and multi-sport adventure on the upper Klamath. No need to be present to win! Join the party at ScienceWorks after the race where you can visit the exhibits, listen to live music and food and beer is available.
Volunteer: Host an aid station at one of the legs. A team can be made up of 6-20 people per station. For more information, contact Lilia at email@example.com or call 541-579-3656. All volunteers must be able to attend a pre-race meeting on April 24th at 3pm. Visit the volunteer page on the Siskiyou Challenge website for more details.