The ORRC 10k Series is a collection of seven 10k races, all put on by the non-profit Oregon Road Runners Club. 2015 will be the fourth year for the series, and new for next year will be a separate walking category at all seven of the included races.
The races in the 10k Series are:
- Y2K 10k on January 10, 2015 in Forest Grove
- Champoeg 10k on March 7, 2015 in Champoeg State Park
- Hagg Lake 10k on May 2, 2015 at Hagg Lake
- Up the Lazy River 10k on May 25, 2015 (Memorial Day) in West Linn
- Garlic Festival 10k on August 8, 2015 in North Plains
- Greenway Trail Trial on September 7, 2015 (Labor Day) in Beaverton
- Best Dam Run 10k on September 26, 2015 in Estacada
Registration in the Series is $110, which covers all seven races and includes a quarter-zip long sleeve tech shirt. Standings in the 10k Series are updated online at orrc.net after each event and awards for the Series are handed out at the annual ORRC banquet held in January of each year.
You can register for the ORRC 10k Series online here (and join the club at the same time if you need to!). There is a cap of 350 participants in the Series, which is likely to be full before the official registration close date of December 15, 2015.
The ORRC 10k Series is only open to ORRC members; however joining the club is only $30/year for an individual and $40/year for a family. The club does other fun events, including the April Vernonia Marathon and Half Marathon, and programs like “Get Away with ORRC” in which they are sending one member to a destination race in 2015. Other benefits include a $5 off discount on all ORRC races (which is reflected in the Series price), plus an annual member perk. Two years ago it was a running hat with the club logo and last year it was a beanie with the club logo, to give you an idea.