Lavender is one of my favorite scents, and this Epsom salt delivers just the right amount of scent for me. The salts dissolved quickly, and I let the soothing scent engulf me as I relaxed into that bath. There is just something naturally soothing about a hot bath, and adding the aromatherapy just made it almost heavenly, however the aches and pains of my first long run in a while, kept me grounded on earth. The salts are supposed to help flush lactic acid, and I always feel some relief after soaking in Epsom salts. In addition, I had a nice added benefit of silky skin after the bath.
I did not notice a difference with my sleeping though. I am a pretty energetic person, and this was a slow run for me. It took the bath in the afternoon, and while relaxing, I had too much to do, too much on my mind, to settle down for a nap. It was all I could do to settle in for a bath to help sooth the muscles and help me finish my chores for the day. So I cannot speak for that aspect of this product.
What the site says ” Soothe the senses with Dr. Teal’s® Lavender Epsom Salt Soaking Solution. Magnesium Sulfate revitalizes tired, achy muscles and refreshes skin’s appearance while luxurious essential oils soothe the senses and provide relief from stress. Great for post workout relief, relaxation and daily body pains.Used in bath rituals for thousands of years, Lavender soothes and relaxes your mind and body for a more restful sleep experience.
Epsom salt is a pure mineral compound of magnesium sulfate in crystal form. Most of us know about the importance of iron and calcium for our bodies, but what about magnesium? According to the national academy of sciences, most American’s are magnesium deficient. It helps the body regulate over 325 enzymes and plays an important role in many bodily functions, like muscle control, energy production and the elimination of harmful toxins. While both magnesium and sulfate can be absorbed through the stomach, studies show soaking in a bath enriched with Epsom salt increases magnesium levels.”
- More expensive than regular Epsom Salts.
- Even more expensive depending on where you buy it. I believe Walmart & Target have it for about $5 ($10 at Amazon or $14.68 from Zabiva! Eep!)
- Can be overpowering for those with sensitive noses
- Unsure of ‘sleep quality’ I did not notice a difference
- Smells Fantastic (for lavender lovers)
- Salt dissolves quickly
- Many uses for the salts
- Soothes aches and pains by helping to flush lactic acids
- When dissolved in warm water, magnesium sulfate is absorbed through the skin, naturally restoring the level of magnesium in the body
- Smooth skin
- Use for a foot soak
- Use as an exfoliate
- Lip scrub/relieves dry lips (mix 2 tbsp salts 1 teaspoon Vaseline)
- Bee sting remedy (2 tbsp salts and one cup water and soak)
- Splinter remedy (2 tbsp salts and one cup water and soak)
- Hair volumizer ( and to conditioner and it rids hair of excess oils)
- Sunburn relief (2 tbsp salts and one cup water and spray)
If you love Lavender, and enjoy baths, I am sure you will love Dr Teal’s Epsom Salt Soaking Solution Soothe and Sleep Lavender. It is great for therapeutic value, soothing aches and pains, and the bag stays fresh longer with a zip closure. I’ve had several baths since my initial one with this product, and they have all been very pleasant and relaxing. This is indeed a wonderful product for runners, or at least this runner!
*Smiley 360 is an online community of influential consumers who try products, content and other experiences for free and share their opinions with others.