Race: 2014 Race for the Rescues 5k, 10K, and 1K, 8am-10a starts
When: Sunday, September 28, 2014
Where: Portland International Raceway, 1940 N. Victory Blvd, Portland, OR 97217
For Free – The Expo area and Adoption Fair is open to the Public with Free Entry.
5K Run/Walk- $35 Until Sept 5th and $38-$40 after
10K Run/Walk- $37 Until Sept 5th and $40-$42 after
Kid’s Fun Run – – $23 Until Sept 5th and $25-$27 after (comes with a special medal)
1K Dog Walk – $35 Until Sept 5th and $38-$40 after
Coach Potato – $35 (Stay at home and help the animals. Register, raise funds and have an event T-shirt mailed to you. You will receive your event shirt 2-4 weeks after race day)
Fundraising is encouraged but not mandatory, but they do offer some nice incentives to fundraise.
Registration comes with a Tshirt
- Dog and Cat Adoptions
- Face Painting
- Pet Psychics
- Raflles, Giveaways, and Prizes
- Vendors and Products (Expo)
- DJ Dance Party
Benefits: Local Shelters. Click here for list
Never run a 5K? Check out this fun Train with your Dog Plan! poochto5k.com
Bringing your dog to the race?
- Dogs must be spayed/neutered.
- Dogs must be well-behaved and non-aggressive with people and other dogs.
- Dogs must be good with children.
- No dogs off leash at any time.
- Dogs must be current on all vaccines.
- No extendable leashes.
- No leashes longer than 6 feet.
- Only one dog per racer.
- Pet owners must be 18 years or older. No children are allowed to walk dogs on race day.
- Please be kind and pick up after your pet
Check out Their Facebook Page here
Check out Their Twitter Page here
How can you resist running for these adorable animals? Go Register now!