Looking for a fantastic Fall race that never fails to deliver? Then look no further and check out the Runaway Pumpkin Half Marathon in Lebanon.
Fall is just around the corner and so is this fantastic race. They are really hoping to up the bar on costumes this year. The race director reached out to us and said they would love to see competitive costumes like they saw at the Starlight Run! So bring your Costume “A” game, folks! (Also there is a plea for at least one minion costume too). I have ran this race a few times, and it’s always awesome. Well…it did pour one year, but despite the rain, it still was a fantastic race and they had extra tents for people to hover under!
When: October 18th 2014, 9a
- Oct 18 7:30 AM – Packet Pick Up
- Oct 18 7:30 AM – Gear Check Opens
- Oct 18 8:30 AM – Costume Contest!
- Oct 18 8:45 AM – Pre-Race Mental Energy Warm Up with Greg Warburton
- Oct 18 9:00 AM – Race Start
- Oct 18 10:30 AM – Presentation of 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Awards
- Oct 18 11:15 AM – Presentation of Top Finishers Awards
Where: Lebanon, Oregon at Cheadle Lake Park! From Highway 20 going toward Sweet Home (just past WalMart), turn left on Weirich Drive and follow signs into Cheadle Lake Park and parking.
Charity: The event benefits he ABC House
REGISTRATION: Half Marathon Run/Walk $55.00 until Friday OCT 13th and includes your choice of a lime green feminine tech short sleeve or a black unisex tech. (Hoodies availble for purchase at $25) and this year they opened a virtual runner option for $45
The Course: The course
- Costumes are encouraged at the Runaway Pumpkin Half Marathon! Here’s how to participate (splendid prizes await the winning costume participants): Arrive in costume at the race site and head to the main stage for costume judging at 8am. Photos will be taken and awards will be distributed by 8:30 so you have plenty of time to warm up and take your places for the start of the race!
- Strollers are welcome (BAck of Pack)
- Packet Pick Up will be held on Friday the 18th at Phoenix Inn & Suites in Albany from 4 – 8pm and Saturday morning before the race begins
- The post-race food is AMAZING. Tons of great options that include many gluten free selections. I have never had food as great as this after a race (save for VIP experiences..and it is pretty darn close to that)
- Great Photo backdrops
Read Jessica’s 2013 Review of this awesome race Here
Check out the 2013 video Here
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org