Latest Posts:

Race Preview: 8th Annual Ridgeline Ramble 5/24/2014 (Eugene, Oregon)

Ridgeline Ramble 5/24/2014 by Level 32 Racing

Ridgeline Ramble 5/24/2014 by Level 32 Racing

Looking for a rad race to run over Memorial Day weekend? Here's one to strongly consider. The Ridgeline Ramble, occurring Saturday, May 24, 2014 will be the third race of the Run Big Trail Series, and is a race to get signed-up for stat. There is no day of race registration for this one, and there is limited entry due to shuttle logistics and trail capacity, so register soon! Level 32 Racing has a really neat trail running series called the Run Big Trail Series. This series consists of six trail runs that occur within a close distance to Eugene. The previous two races, of which I participated in, were the Bristow Trail Run in Dexter, Oregon, and the Shotgun Trail Blast in Marcola, Oregon. I had an amazing time running both of these events. The third run, the Ridgeline Ramble, will take place on the Ridgeline Trail in south Eugene.

Participants may choose from the 20k run, 20k two-person relay (the first leg is more difficult than the second leg), or the 10k. The Ridgeline Ramble course will require participants to be shuttled from the parking and packet pick-up area at Lane Community College to the start line for their chosen distance. There is no parking at the trailheads, so make sure to park at Lane Community College to catch the shuttle to your start line.

Ridgeline Ramble 5/24/2014 by Level 32 Racing (Photo Credit: City of Eugene website)

Ridgeline Ramble 5/24/2014 by Level 32 Racing (Photo Credit: City of Eugene website)

The shuttle will drop the 20k and 20k relay participant #1 at the Blanton Road trailhead. For those participating in the 10k (me!) and 20k relay participant #2, we will be dropped off by the shuttle at Fox Hollow trailhead. First leg relay participants will be shuttled back to the start line from the Fox Hollow trailhead exchange point. Both portions of the course consist of 80% trail and dirt roads, with the remaining 20% occurring on pavement. This is necessary to get us back to the finish line at Lane Community College, where we parked our vehicles to catch the shuttle. The 20k features a 459 foot net elevation drop, and the 10k will have a 341 foot net elevation drop. Make sure to check out the course map details, especially for relay participants, so you are familiar with the course you will follow. The Ridgeline Trail is a gem in Eugene, and you will enjoy running either portion of the trail you choose.

Aid stations will be available on the course for all distances. The 20k will feature 7 aid stations and the 10k will have 3 aid stations. You will find water and light snacks at these aid stations, with Gatorade and Gu energy gel supplied at the Fox Hollow and Willamette aid stations.Age group awards will be presented to the top overall male and female in the 20k and 10k, the top three in each age group for men and women, and the top three relay teams in each team division and category. Everyone is eligible for random prize drawing items!

Ridgeline Ramble 5/24/2014 by Level 32 Racing (Photo Credit: City of Eugene website)

Ridgeline Ramble 5/24/2014 by Level 32 Racing (Photo Credit: City of Eugene website)

Get registered soon for the 8th Annual Ridgeline Ramble! This is an excellent race, with limit entry, so move quick and get your registration submitted! I’ll see you at the 10k start line!

Day of Race: Saturday, May 24, 2014
Time: 8 a.m. 20k and 20k relay start, 8:25 a.m. 10k start
Distances: 20k, 20k two person relay, 10k
Cost: $30 for the 20k and 10k. $30 per person for the 20k two person relay.  Event technical shirts additional $10. Racers 17 and under or 60 and over deduct $5.
Register: Click here to register

 

About Jessica Mumme (236 Articles)
Jessica Mumme, a Portland native, currently lives in Eugene with her husband and three cats (children). Her favorite distances are the 10k and marathon, but she will run any race distances, and especially loves competing in running events. She is Half Fanatic #2635, and has completed 42 half marathons since May, 2009. Jessica tackled her first ultra marathon distance at the 2015 McKenzie River Trail 50k Ultra. See her race calendar and other fun stuff at her personal blog, runjessica.com.

1 Trackback / Pingback

  1. Hi. My Name is Jessica and I am Addicted to Racing. | Run Oregon

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: