My previous bag (which shall remained unnamed) was new but not living up to the great reviews. It was peeling, large and bulky, and did not sit well when I had the strap on my shoulder. It was large and too bulky to carry comfortably without rubbing on my legs every step. Everything would slide to the right of left, and pulled heavily on my shoulder. I needed a new bag bad, even though this bag was less than a year old.
Then I got the Apera Performance Gym bag. and well the stars aligned..oh wait I already told you this bag is a-MAH-zing.. .ok let me tell you why I felt this way then! I used it for the gym and several runs and brutilized used heavily for over two weeks. Usually I use my products a lot longer to get a better idea, but I am doing this one so soon because I feel I have a great product and a good understand of how it works and a confidence it will last. I brought it with me (and continue to do so) to work. This bag- was small, compact, and fit everything that was in my other bag, maybe a little less. It fit what I needed and the comfort outweighed the added bulk never utilized in my other bag. This one fit nicely on the shoulder, over the chest, or carrying on the side. I will say this though- the handle was a little scratchy when I was wearing a tank at the gym. Tons of pockets made it easy to organize and separate for the OCD packer like me. I like having my smelly sweaty clothes separated from my clean ones. (I always pack two in case I did forget something). There are top compartments for cellphones and keys that are padded. I found those pockets fit my jewelry and IPOD Shuffle and headphones nicely too. Two pockets for Water bottles, longer pockets on either side for used gear or paperwork, and two more pockets on either side of the bag for shoes. All of the pockets are ventilated so it reduces the chance of bacteria, But if bacteria should grow, there is an added nicety of anti-microbial material to resist those smells.
- Limited colors
- Scratchy handle (reviewers opinion)
- The bag is on smaller side and does not fit two whole sest of sweaty winter gear.
- Shoe compartment although large has some difficulties getting in and out.
- No handles on top of bag
- Spendier price tag
- Adjustable strap
- Comes with a waterproof bag to contain wet gear
- Can be squished down when not in use
- Holds a lot (2 shoes, 2 sets of clothes of workout clothes, towel, toiletries, and cellphone/keys/wallet etc.)
- Holds large shoes! I wear size 11 Women’s
- 2 large pockets that hold at least 20oz bottles each
- anti-microbial material that I never once smelled my gear in my small enclosed office once during the day after my workouts.
- Easy to find gear with numerous pockets
- Narrow profile allows it to fit into Standard Gym lockers
- Terrific Customer service!
- Supports the Special Olympics! A portion of bags sales go to help this great organization
- 40% off Sale going on now at Apera!
I have owned many gym bags in my numerous years of life (not telling you how many!) and I will say this is by far my best bag ever. Even above Oglio which I held in high esteem. I abused this little bag and it is going to be tested even further next week when I head to Princess Half Marathon and I use it as my carryon! Already tested it – it fits my shoes, a set of clothes, sweatshirt, paperwork and my tablet, among my keys, wallet, and my gallon bag of makeup and mouthwash. Maybe the stars will not align for you, but I have not met a person who has not liked this bag yet.
I balked at the $124 price, but let me tell you-you get what you pay for most of the time. Right now though, they are on sale! Apera is offering a deal right now though! See this bag I got? It can be yours for under $75! They are offering 40% OFF their entire Blue line of bags, including the Blue Performance Duffel as seen in this review. Also, all of their Duffel Packs, any color, are 40% OFF as well. Learn more about Apera here. Sale ends 2/31/2014
I just found out they will be at the Princess Half Marathon Expo too if you are going and want to see them in person.
See it live in action here on this video